Caring for Your Artwork
– Never place other items on top of framed artwork.
– Always transport artwork in a supported position.
– Avoid long stops with framed artwork in the car.
– Avoid hanging artwork in places with quick and/or frequent changes in environmental conditions.
- Dust your painting regularly, so that a thick layer of dust does not build up which will dry out the paint and possibly result in cracking and peeling. Dust with a soft, dry cloth. Do not spray anything (like pledge) on the work.
- Varnish also protects the painted surface so the accumulation of smoke and dirt rests on the varnish coat, not on the paint itself. Use varnish specific for pictures. Paintings should never be re-varnished without first having their surface cleaned. Varnishing a dirty painting obscures the art.
To schedule a consultation meeting, please contact us at 719.460.4179 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.